This matching game incorporates an added feature to deepen student thinking while working with
Here is how it works:
1. Divide the board in half.
2. On one half of the board write the vocabulary words you want to focus on.
3. Have students suggest a word that defines or reminds them of the first vocabulary word.
4. Record this on the other half of the board opposite the target word.
Here is where the activity is extended so read on!
5. When all the words have been defined or described, erase the vocabulary words from the
left side of the board.
6. Have students recall the vocabulary words and refill them back into the correct spot on the board.